Jean-Claude Sevathian - our visiting Botanist with more than 20 years experience and with several contributions to publications on fauna and flora in Mauritius.
Heritage Nature Reserve has partnered with Jean-Claude Sevathian for various conservation and reforestation projects in the different locations of the reserve.
Part of the Mauritius Wildlife Foundation (MWF) since 2000, Jean-Claude has now decided to setup his own company to take his passion to a new level. Services provided by Jean-Claude include MQA approved trainings on Botany and Horticulture, consultancy on forest reforestation projects as well as guided treks in the deep nature.
Jean-Claude knows the reserve inside out. If you are a botany-enthusiast and would like to plan for a guided day on the reserve with Jean-Claude to learn about the rich fauna and flora in the wild south, please send us an email with your preferred dates.
- Tripadvisor Traveller Rating
- 643 reviews
- Tripadvisor Ranking
- Recent Traveller Reviews
- “We were looking for a hike to enjoy a long weekend at the start of summer...” more
- “Our journey started well at Bel Ombre. We felt at ease right from the start with...” more
- “We had a brilliant time! You stop at a few places to learn about Mauritius and...” more
- “Wonderful place to drive quad bike or buggy. We saw some deers and monkeys in this...” more